Reading taken from Amos 5:24 (Have it read to you)
Our Motto Verse for 2019 comes from the motivation we should have for justice and righteousness… the following is an overview of our thoughts for 2019.
- Justice is not selling out for money (Amos 2:6).
- Justice is not taking advantage of the needy for material gain (Amos 2:6.)
- Justice is not making the situation of the poor worse (Amos 2:7).
- Justice is not ignoring the pain around you (Amos 2:7).
- Justice is not taking sexual advantage of vulnerable people (Amos 2:7).
- It isn’t lavishing yourself with a lifestyle made possible by shady business (Amos 2:8).
- It isn’t violence and robbery (Amos 3:10).
- It isn’t oppressing the poor or crushing the needy (Amos 4:1).
LWBC aims to be a community of people who demonstrate that God’s desire for God’s people is the same today as it was with the people in the book of Amos. As a child of God, we are born into a reality where justice is the mission objective. At LWBC we have been reborn with a purpose to make wrongs right. Our DNA is love, humility, and justice. This is the true mark of authentic faith. It is not just about going to church, reading our Bibles, and praying. Without a life of justice, these can become are merely rituals which are hollow and empty.
LWBC needs to be known for justice, and that we are a people filled with God’s supernatural power and know our exceptional worth for which Christ died. As we continue to share that message with our community, with the lost and the oppressed, we think it fits really nicely into the 3 stool illustration of Social Action, Simple Gospel, Supernatural Power!
If you have any questions from the message today, or would like prayer as a result of things you hear, please contact us, we would love to pray for you.